These Golden Circle sightseeing tours offer travelers the chance to explore some of Iceland’s most famous landmarks.
The site where we can see Euro/American plates physically drifting apart is also the site of the worlds first parliament formed by the Viking settlers. Politically or geologically, this place makes you think.
Stand between the continental plates and see an amazing waterfall.
Visit sites of execution. Places where women were drowned for infanticide.
Watching the erupting Geyser is interesting & fun. These Golden Circle sightseeing tours will allow you the time to see a few eruptions and shop for souvenirs.
Running all year.
Summer: These Iceland sightseeing tours could make the most of evening in Summer, reverting to regular hours towards September.
Winter: Regular morning starts from 07.30 – 09.30 for most of the Winter.
These Golden Circle sightseeing tours will take you around this well established sightseeing route in Luxury or economy.
At Gullfoss – the Golden waterfall – you can sometimes get access to stand close to the ledge of the canyon and feel the incredible force of the glacier water as it plunges into the abyss. You will get some amazing scenes from the higher levels and a busy cafe at the top car park. Some days you can see Kerlingarfjöll and Langijökull – Iceland’s second largest glacier.
Golden Circle Bus Tours
These Golden Circle bus tours are a great way to explore Iceland’s national treasures on a budget. These sightseeing tours are run in bus or minibus. The bus tours are arranged with the most expensive at the top.
Bus Travel Iceland
This Golden Circle sightseeing tour covers the some of the best sights in Iceland, including Geysir, Gullfoss and Thingvellir. The trip circles from Reykjavík into central Iceland and back.
- Thingvellir – the center of Icelandic history and the best place on earth to view the North Atlantic ridge.
- Efstidalur farm – tasty farm products and friendly farm animals.
- Geysir – Hot Spring Area with the erupting Strokkur which jets water 30 meters into the air every 4 – 10 minutes
- Gullfoss (Golden Falls) – a waterfall with spectacular views of the forces and beauty of nature
- Kerid – a striking crater-lake, believed to be a collapsed magma chamber around 6,000 years ago
- We are always prepared for an extra stop to see Icelandic horses at the roadside. Free WiFi in the vehicle
Gateway to Iceland
On your vacation – why not experience the Golden Circle tour the relaxed way. Pick up is mid-morning, between 10:00 – 10:30 AM. We take you to see all the incredible natural beauty spots on the Golden Circle tour after the morning crowds have been and gone. To finish, we will visit a natural hot spring where you can relax in the 38-40°C pool, before we drive back to Reykjavik.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Difficulty : Very easy
- Main Sights: – Þingvellir National Park – Gullfoss waterfall – Geysir hot spring – Haukadalur geothermal area – Secret Lagoon hot spring nature bath Available daily!
- Our Golden Circle sightseeing tour visits 3 major locations; Thingvellir, site of the World’s first Parliament that met each year outdoors, beginning in 930 AD continuing until 1798.
- We visit Europe’s largest waterfall, the beautiful Gullfoss and the geothermal fields at Geysir with a chance to get close to the erupting geyser, Strokkur. The last stop is the Secret Lagoon a geothermal nature bath.
- An excellent sightseeing tour combining two of the best things Iceland has to offer, amazing locations and a warm geothermal bath (full facilities).
Luxury minibus tours
Our Premium Golden Circle tour starts with a stop at Þingvellir national park. This is a deeply historical location and home to the oldest parliament dating back to 930 AD. Thingvellir National Park is set in a dramatic lava landscape which includes the continental rift separating Europe and North America.
After our Golden Circle sightseeing adventure with its natural wonders, great food, historical and cultural experiences, you can relax and enjoy the drive back to Reykjavík under our panoramic roof.
- First stop Thingvellir National Park. During your visit at Þingvellir you may come across Drekkingarhylur, the Drowning Pool and the hanging rock, both sites of execution.
- Next is Gullfoss waterfall, where you can take as many photos as possible along the designated paths.
- We visit Geysir – a geothermal wonderland where we see Strokkur erupt every few minutes. Don’t put your camera down, you could miss it.
- Faxi waterfall is a hidden treasure in the Icelandic wilderness.
- Icelandic Horse – get up close to the beautiful Icelandic Horse and take a selfie with them.
- The final location is the old fishing village of Eyrarbakki.
- After a fun filled day of the Golden Circle, natural wonders, exquisite food, historical trivia and cultural experiences, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride back to Reykjavík under our panoramic roof.
Bus Travel Iceland
The Grand Golden Circle is a sightseeing tour in the Southwest of Iceland. If you are only doing one tour in Iceland, this is the one.
- Geysir geothermal area
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Þingvellir National Park
- Kerið volcanic crater (entrance fee included)
- Faxi waterfall
After the tour, we drop you off at your accommodation in Reykjavik.
- At Geysir we get the chance to observe the Geyser Strokkur erupting in this geothermal area with many hot springs.
- The immense waterfall at Gullfoss, is only 10 minutes from Geysir. The powerful river cascades in two steps into a deep canyon.
- Þingvellir National Park is a wonderful geological site, located on the ridges of the North American and Eurasian continental plates. It’s also a historical place. It’s the home of the first parliament since 930. Þingvellir has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 2004.
- Our sightseeing tour includes the volcanic crater lake at Kerið, and the Faxi Waterfall.
Bus Travel Iceland
This Golden Circle Afternoon tour takes you to the most popular sights in an afternoon. You can experience the 3 main highlights on our sightseeing tour.
- Þingvellir National Park
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Erupting Geysir geothermal area
Tour starts at 11.00
This Golden Circle sightseeing bus tour is a day trip to see the famous Geysir geothermal area and Gullfoss, the Golden Icelandic waterfall. We also visit Thingvellir National Park.
The Geysir geothermal area has many hot springs, including the frequently erupting Strokkur – the most active geyser in Iceland. At Gullfoss you can stand next to the powerful waterfall tumble into a deep gorge.
Thingvellir National Park, an area of historical and geological significance. In an afternoon you encounter a selection of Iceland’s natural wonders.
Tour duration: 12:30 – 18:00
Golden Circle Private Tours
Experience the Golden Circle on a private tour. This is a great way to explore Iceland’s national treasures in style. These sightseeing tours are run in SUV or SuperJeep. These Golden Circle sightseeing tours are arranged with the most expensive at the top.
At Thingvellir you will see how Iceland is very very slowly being pulled apart along the America /Eurasian tectonic plates. You will be able to see where the Vikings settlers formed the first parliament. At the Geysir you can see geysers, hot springs, fumaroles and colourful algae. The erupting Strokkur is one of the most powerful geysers in Iceland and erupts every 4-7 minutes. After visiting Europe’s largest waterfall at Gullfoss, we head off road in our Superjeeps: the ride will take you to the Langjökull Glacier through some rough terrain.
Duration: 8 hours
This is a private Golden Circle sightseeing tour with one of our professional photographer guides.
Golden Circle includes:
What’s included? Pick-up and drop-off in the capital area
Fee of 80% if booking is cancelled a day or less before event Fee of 30% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event Fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
Duration: 10 hours
Shared tour: It is possible to buy a shared tour ticket for semi-private tours.More Details
Golden Circle Combo Tours
Combine the Golden Circle with a fun Nature Activity. This is a great way to explore Iceland’s national treasures in style. These sightseeing combo tours are usually run in minibus. These Golden Circle sightseeing combos are arranged with the most expensive at the top.
Golden Circle Combos
Below are a selection of golden circle sightseeing tours combined with other activities.
Book a sightseeing tour of the Golden Circle with our travel partners