The Golden Circle sightseeing tour offers sightseers the chance to explore some of Iceland’s most famous landmarks.
The site of the worlds first parliament is also the site where we can see Europe and America physically drifting away from each other. Politically or geologically, this place makes you think.
Walk between the continental plates and see a beautiful waterfall.
Visit sites of execution.
Watching the erupting Geyser is a lot of fun, but getting the best results requires having the time to see a few eruptions and shop for souvenirs.
Seasons: Running all year.
Summer: These Iceland sightseeing tours could make the most of evening in Summer. The trip may involve sightseeing through the evening hours (20.00-02.00). They may revert to regular hours towards September.
Winter: Regular morning starts from 07.30 – 09.30 for most of the Winter.
These sightseeing tours will take you around this well established sightseeing route at a fair pace.
At Gullfoss – the Golden waterfall – you can usually get access to stand on the edge of the canyon and feel the force of the glacier river as it plunges to a depth you can’t see. There are some great views from some of the higher view points also and a friendly cafe at the top car park. On a clear day you can see Kerlingarfjöll in the center of Iceland and Langijökull – Iceland’s second largest glacier.
Golden Circle Bus Tours
These Golden Circle bus tours are a great way to explore Iceland’s national treasures on a budget. These sightseeing tours are run in bus or minibus. The bus tours are arranged with the most expensive at the top.
- Thingvellir – the center of Icelandic history and the best place on earth to view the North Atlantic ridge.
- Efstidalur farm – tasty farm products and friendly farm animals.
- Geysir – Hot Spring Area with the erupting Strokkur which jets water 30 meters into the air every 4 – 10 minutes
- Gullfoss (Golden Falls) – a waterfall with spectacular views of the forces and beauty of nature
- Kerid – a striking crater-lake, believed to be a collapsed magma chamber around 6,000 years ago
- We are always prepared for an extra stop to see Icelandic horses at the roadside. Free WiFi in the vehicle
The departure for this Midnight Sun Golden Circle tour is 6:00 – 6:30 pm
Our main Sightseeing locations
- Site of the world’s first parliament – Althingi at Thingvellir (Þingvellir) National Park. Continental plates can be seen here, slowly separating Europe and America.
- Geysir geothermal area. Geysers erupt here. Strokkur erupts every 5-10 minutes – have your cameras loaded!
- The golden waterfall Gullfoss will leave you dazzled by the views. It is very beautiful to photograph and important in Icelandic culture.
- On our Midnight Sun Golden Circle tour visits one of Iceland’s oldest swimming pools – Secret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin). Please bring your swimsuit and towel (can be rented).
- Duration: 9 hours
- Difficulty : Very easy
- Main Sights: – Þingvellir National Park – Gullfoss waterfall – Geysir hot spring – Haukadalur geothermal area – Secret Lagoon hot spring nature bath Available daily!
- Our Golden Circle sightseeing tour visits 3 major locations; Thingvellir, site of the World’s first Parliament that met each year outdoors, beginning in 930 AD continuing until 1798.
- We visit Europe’s largest waterfall, the beautiful Gullfoss and the geothermal fields at Geysir with a chance to get close to the erupting geyser, Strokkur. The last stop is the Secret Lagoon a geothermal nature bath.
- An excellent sightseeing tour combining two of the best things Iceland has to offer, amazing locations and a warm geothermal bath (full facilities).
After our Golden Circle sightseeing adventure with its natural wonders, great food, historical and cultural experiences, you can relax and enjoy the drive back to Reykjavík under our panoramic roof.
- First stop Thingvellir National Park. During your visit at Þingvellir you may come across Drekkingarhylur, the Drowning Pool and the hanging rock, both sites of execution.
- Next is Gullfoss waterfall, where you can take as many photos as possible along the designated paths.
- We visit Geysir – a geothermal wonderland where we see Strokkur erupt every few minutes. Don’t put your camera down, you could miss it.
- Faxi waterfall is a hidden treasure in the Icelandic wilderness.
- Icelandic Horse – get up close to the beautiful Icelandic Horse and take a selfie with them.
- The final location is the old fishing village of Eyrarbakki.
- After a fun filled day of the Golden Circle, natural wonders, exquisite food, historical trivia and cultural experiences, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride back to Reykjavík under our panoramic roof.
- Geysir geothermal area
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Þingvellir National Park
- Kerið volcanic crater (entrance fee included)
- Faxi waterfall
After the tour, we drop you off at your accommodation in Reykjavik.
- At Geysir we get the chance to observe the Geyser Strokkur erupting in this geothermal area with many hot springs.
- The immense waterfall at Gullfoss, is only 10 minutes from Geysir. The powerful river cascades in two steps into a deep canyon.
- Þingvellir National Park is a wonderful geological site, located on the ridges of the North American and Eurasian continental plates. It’s also a historical place. It’s the home of the first parliament since 930. Þingvellir has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 2004.
- Our sightseeing tour includes the volcanic crater lake at Kerið, and the Faxi Waterfall.
- Þingvellir National Park
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Erupting Geysir geothermal area
Tour starts at 11.00
The Geysir geothermal area has many hot springs, including the frequently erupting Strokkur – the most active geyser in Iceland. At Gullfoss you can stand next to the powerful waterfall tumble into a deep gorge.
Thingvellir National Park, an area of historical and geological significance. In an afternoon you encounter a selection of Iceland’s natural wonders.
Tour duration: 12:30 – 18:00
Golden Circle Combos
Below are a selection of golden circle sightseeing tours combined with other activities.
Book a sightseeing tour of the Golden Circle with our travel partners