South Coast day tour
Shoot the Midnight sun from behind a mighty waterfall then get up close to the puffins as you look down onto Iceland’s biggest icon on the South coast. You will understand why trolls are never seen in Summer (but the hidden people might become visible). Landscapes as diverse as massive sea cliffs, flood plains, glacier valleys and black sand beaches… all in one trip.
Seasons: Running all year.
Summer: The tour may start early afternoon in Summer. This trip may involve shooting through the night hours (20.00-02.00) and returning to Reykjavik early morning during Mid-Summer. We will revert to daylight hours through August.
Winter: Regular morning starts from 07.30 – 09.30 for most of the Winter.
Locations and activities:
The South coast day tour is a popular adventure for photographers. Diverse landscapes and exciting features make the South Coast Tour a high quality full day tour.
After pick-up at your Reykjavik Hotel we head South East to visit some impressive waterfalls;
A huge waterfall which you can walk to the top of for spectacular views. We will spend quality time at Skogafoss to give you a change to explore photo possibilities from both the ground level and the upper floor. There are a wide varieties of shots to found on the ground just by following the river towards the falls.
From here we might get close to a glacier tongue at Solheimajokull (weather permitting). We will drive the South coast to Vik and perhaps stop for Lunch. From here we will focus on the impressive sea stacks and beautiful black sand beaches.
The Vik area offers several key areas for photographers. The black sand beaches and rock formations are fantastic opportunities to photographers who are there at the right time. Our anti-rush policy ensures you quality time to go exploring and relax while you do your own thing. Or get some shooting tips from our photo guides.
On the return leg we might visit the Lighthouse at Dyrholaey.
We usually visit this last. Although it is not as big and impressive as Skogafoss, Seljalandsfoss is famous because it is possible to walk behind it. For the photographer this means an infinity of possible compositions. Learn how to shoot in very wet conditions. Learn great waterfall techniques.
These day tours are managed by our photo guide Bragi. This tour is private and focused on spending a day with an experienced photographer. This is suitable for all levels of photography skills, from a beginner to a professional photographer. Even if you are just taking photos on you smart phone we will give you advice on composition etc.
Last but no least we can also offer the service of photographing you and your group during the day.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik hotels.
- Everyone welcome.
- All tours are flexible.
- Pro photo guides
- Food & drinks
What do I need to bring?
Camera, phone, tripod and good spirit
Private tours The price is for up to 4 passengers, if your group is larger than 4 please contact us.
10 hours (flexible)
Looking for something different?
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 70% if booking is cancelled 5 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 30% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 8 days or less before event
Why book with us?
- Established 2010 – at the same time as the Eyjafjallajokull Volcanic eruption
- All our guides are experienced photographers and tour operators. They are fully licensed and registered with the Icelandic Tourist board.
- We are connected to many other Iceland tour companies, so we can really tailor your tour to suit your needs.
- We use licensed Icelandic Travel agents – Aurora Hunters. ehf to solve your hotel needs.
- All our Winter photo tours provide micro-spike style crampons for slippery surfaces.
- Seljalandsfoss – walk behind the waterfall
- Skogafoss – Huge waterfall with big rainbows
- Dyrholaey – the big sea arch – nice lighthouse
- Sólheimajökull- glacier tongue – touch the glacier
- Reynisdrangar – the black beach with sea stacks
- Vik – the old fishing village
Intended as possible locations and may depend on weather conditions.
The South Coast Photo Tour is one of our popular Day Tours.
Please use the contact form to ask any questions.