Scheduled Photo Tour
Get close to an erupting geyser & Europe’s biggest waterfall. Photograph ice on black sand beaches and witness Glacier lagoons & volcanic landscapes. Not to mention the craziest lava field in Iceland. This 5 day photography adventure combines our popular South coast & Jökulsarlon tours with the Golden Circle and Snæfellsnes Peninsular to give you a total South Iceland photo experience. The tour is designed to have overnights at top photo locations (Jökulsarlon, Skogafoss and Kirkjufellsfoss) in case the clouds clear during an Aurora display.
On the first day we make our way around the Snæfellsnes peninsular photographing landscapes and little fishing villages. This photo tour may catch Sunrise on the Kirkjufell mountain and again after breakfast on day 2. The first evening of our photography adventure has the possibility of photograph Northern Lights at a great location on the Snæfellsnes peninsula.
The second day has many opportunities to photograph some of Iceland’s famous highlights at a relaxed pace. You will have plenty of time to properly explore areas such as the National park at Þingvellir, the Erupting Geysir, Gullfoss waterfall and many others.
After an overnight stay on the South Coast, the tour takes us East to the Vatnjökull region with its lagoons and glacier landscapes. Reflections are common in the waters of Jökulsarlon (the glacial lagoon).
This 5 day scheduled tour includes the South coast, Jökulsarlon, Vestrahorn, Snæfellsnes peninsula, Geysir and Gullfoss. Over the five days you have two chances to photograph the south coast. The hotels in the East are very close to Jökulsarlon & the Ice beach. We are 10 minutes away if we are lucky enough to see auroras (winter) or to explore the lagoon through the midnight sunlight (Summer). Here we can also take great photos on the Diamond Ice Beach (black sand beach with glacial ice). We may visit Seljalandsfoss waterfall, Skogafoss waterfall, Reynisdrengur – sea stacks, Fjaðrárgljúfur Gorge, Skaftafell, Jökulsarlon Lagoon & Ice beach, Fjalsarlon, Höfn fishing town, Mount Vestrahorn. Activities could include light hiking, ice-cave exploring (mid-Winter only), Glacier Lagoon boat rides, museums and restaurants.
We visit many locations along Iceland’s South Coast on the way to the East and on the return journey. Witness black sand beaches, magnificent waterfalls, secret gorges and sea stacks.
Guaranteed ice! The ice lake at Jökulsarlon has been melting for nearly a century and delivers beautiful ice to the mouth of the lagoon. The diamond beach is often filled with chunks of glacier ice that have made their journey to the ocean. This photo experience will give you a few chances to photograph the diamond ice beach in the best light.
- 03-Sep-2019 till 07-Sep-2019
- 24-Sep-2019 till 28-Sep-2019
- 01-Oct-2019 till 05-Oct-2019
- 22-Oct-2019 till 26-Oct-2019
- 29-Oct-2019 till 02-Nov-2019
- 19-Nov-2019 till 23-Nov-2019
- 26-Nov-2019 till 30-Nov-2019
- 03-Dec-2019 till 07-Dec-2019
- 21-Jan-2020 till 25-Jan-2020
- 28-Jan-2020 till 01-Feb-2020
- 18-Feb-2020 till 22-Feb-2020
- 25-Feb-2020 till 29-Feb-2020
- 17-Mar-2020 till 21-Mar-2020
- 24-Mar-2020 till 28-Mar-2020
Book your 5 day tour
Book a quality multi-day tour with other passengers. Confirmation depends on passenger numbers – min = 4, Max = 8.
Seasons: Running through aurora season = Sept-March
Winter (Mid Sept – Mid April ) start times are around 09.30. We shoot regular hours which could include night shooting for Auroras and sunrise/set on the ice beach.
- Includes pick-up and drop-off from the Reykjavik area.
- Includes accommodation for the duration of the tour.
- Suitable for photographers.
- Includes Flybus.
- Includes Spikes/crampons for icy conditions.
Breakfast is normally include in the Hotel. We usually eat evening meal in Restaurants. Prices are between $20-$40 for a main meal. For convenience, you can include your meals in the package.
We stay overnight near Jokulsarlon at Country Hotel Hali.
Please note: The driver will take you to the photo locations and can give you information and advice, but photo tuition should not be expected on these tours. Please see our private tours and workshops for tours with tuition.
Running through Aurora season = Sept-March.
Start times are around 09.30. We shoot regular hours which could include night shooting for Auroras and sunrise/set on the ice beach.
Why book with us?
- Established 2010 – at the same time as the Eyjafjallajokull Volcanic eruption
- All our guides are experienced photographers and tour operators. They are fully licensed and registered with the Icelandic Tourist board.
- We are connected to many other Iceland tour companies, so we can really tailor your tour to suit your needs.
- We use licensed Icelandic Travel agents – Aurora Hunters. ehf to solve your hotel needs.
- All Winter tours provide micro-spike style crampons for slippery surfaces.