Snæfellsness photo tour
From From $249.75 USD/Person (inc. VAT sales tax) Our 8-10 hour of Iceland’s fascinating Snæfellsness Peninsular is a good value adventure. As the setting for Jule’s Verne’s “Journey to the center of the earth”, the magic will also hit you from time to time as we explore the nooks and crannies of this crazy headland shaped by violent eruptions, the weather and people. The highlight is Kirkjufellsfoss, but there are amazing coastlines and lava fields to keep us busy before we get there.
Our main stop, so the tour will try to be here for the sunset. This fascinating waterfall complex has 2 levels and a wide variety of access points. The challenge is to include the Church mountain (Kirkjufell) in your scene.
Our tours will be limited to 8 passengers to ensure comfort and to avoid overcrowding at locations. Smaller groups are more flexible with time and our photo guides will have the opportunity to spend time to assist you with your photography.
The peninsular is dominated by some large lava fields which creep down to the shore from the mountains. There is a chance to capture some great colours on the Berserk rocks.
Some of our favourite coastlines are on the Snæfellsness Peninsular. Knowing the best view points can really help you get the shot right first time. These cliffs are also home to a wide variety of seabirds, such as kitty-wakes and guillemots and the occasional puffin. There are some amazing local restaurants in the coastal towns, plenty of chance to try some local food.
Visit the location of Iceland’s serial killer as well as some quaint churches.
Our bus tour follow the same format as our private tours, we visit several photo locations at a flexible pace to get the best light and conditions. Emphasis will be on getting you to a top location for the sunset.
Our bus tours will be scheduled to run 8-10 hours depending on weather and conditions.
- From From $249.75 USD/Person (inc. VAT sales tax) *
- Maximum= 8 passengers
- Scheduled for 10 hours
- Scheduled for alternate days
- Bus tours include a driver and a photo guide.
* this doesn’t include food or extra activities.
Please use the contact form to ask any questions.
- Borgarnes – beautiful views across Borgarfjörður – Walter Mitty scene
- Buðir – the black church
- Arnarstapi – seastacks and arches – quirky lunch cafe
- Djuparlon – a cove with a ship wreck and heavy lifting stones for strong men (and ladies)
- Londrangar – colourful bird cliffs and view of Snæfellsjökull
- Olafsvík – fishing village with whale watching opportunities
- Grundarfjörður – Kirkjufell – the famous Church Mountain
Intended as possible locations and may depend on weather conditions.